I am an Assistant Professor at the Electrical and Computer Engineering Department of University of Alberta. Prior joining UoA, I obtained my doctoral degree from Concordia University under the supervision of Dr. Tse-Hsun (Peter) Chen. I also worked in various companies and organizations including Huawei Technologies, Bank of Canada, Tianjin University, and McGill University.
My research focuses on software engineering topics that include Software Debugging, Software Testing, AIOps, Program Analysis, and Mining Software Repositories.
I am looking for highly-motived graduate students (Master's or PhD) for Fall 2023 and Winter 2024. If you have proficient programming skills with strong interests in Software Debugging and Testing, AIOps, or Program Analysis, please contact me via email with your CV, transcript, and a brief letter of interest.
|Oct 2023||Do you want to showcase testing-related tools and prototypes? Please consider submitting to the ICST 2024 (Toronto, Canada)! I will be co-chairing the Tool and Demo track.|
|Sep 2023||I will give a talk on T-Evos at ASE 2023, see you in Luxembourg!|
|Aug 2023||Congratulations to Zhenhao and our co-authors on our ASE’2023 paper “Are They All Good? Studying Practitioners’ Expectations on the Readability of Log Messages”!|
- ASEAre They All Good? Studying Practitioners’ Expectations on the Readability of Log MessagesIn Proceedings of the 38th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, 2023
- TSET-Evos: A Large-Scale Longitudinal Study on CI Test Execution and FailureIEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 2022
- ASEHow Useful is Code Change Information for Fault Localization in Continuous Integration?In Proceedings of the 37th IEEE/ACM International Conference on Automated Software Engineering, 2022
- TSEPathidea: Improving information retrieval-based bug localization by re-constructing execution paths using logsIEEE Transactions on Software Engineering, 2021
- EMSEDemystifying the challenges and benefits of analyzing user-reported logs in bug reportsEmpirical Software Engineering, 2021